The website you are using is provided by Feastbox Pty. Ltd. (ACN 625 683 249) (“FeastBox”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). FeastBox recognises the importance of maintaining, respecting and protecting the privacy of the personal information of the individuals we deal with in conducting our business.
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended:
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not .
Personal information may include your name, surname, address, mobile number or other telephone number, email address, payment details (including credit card or bank account details), username and password, purchase and transactional information, location data and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services or products to you and/or your child/children such as, but may not be limited to, details including your child/children’s name or names, school and classroom.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of FeastBox;
- enhance the transparency of FeastBox’s information collection processes; and
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that FeastBox holds, and the way FeastBox handles that
In the course of regular business activity, FeastBox will from time to time collect and otherwise handle your personal information.
If you do not want any of your data collected, you can stop using our Website or our services at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
FeastBox generally collects personal information from you directly, for example including when you:
- create an account or sign up with FeastBox;
- use the Website;
- email us for any reason;
- contact us by telephone, email, fax or in person;
- provide us with personal information;
- complete an online form;
- place an order directly with us; or
- make a purchase(s) from FeastBox.
We do not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to FeastBox; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to FeastBox,
except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so or as may be required by law, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via the Website, email, hardcopy or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
Any personal information collected by FeastBox will be used for the purpose for which it was given to us, for purposes which are directly related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
FeastBox may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify you as a user of our services and/or your identity;
- to supply our services to you;
- to process transactions;
- to run future marketing campaigns including email marketing;
- to send promotional or other information about our products and/or services through e- mail, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our products and/or services unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send periodic emails or notifications for processing orders, to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and to send you related product or service information;
- to monitor and improve our products and/or services;
- to process and respond to any inquiries you have about FeastBox;
- to improve our website, services and/or products;
- to ensure compliance with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, statutory obligations and our policies; and
- to endeavour to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other
We may disclose information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees and agents; or
- service providers and contractors who help us provide the services; or
- third parties for the purpose of marketing; or
- a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful
FeastBox does not otherwise provide personal information to any other organisations, government agencies or third parties except in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We are not likely to disclose the personal information we hold to any overseas recipients of whom we are aware are located outside Australia, except as required or permitted by law or where we may use an overseas server or cloud service to host some or all of our business data, including personal information.
You can access your personal information via your account profile.
You may also request access to our records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below under “Contact” (subject to some exceptions).
We will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
In the event FeastBox holds personal information about you and:
- FeastBox is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- You request the information be corrected;
FeastBox will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
If your personal details need to be corrected please make a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org for correction (refer to “Contact” below) or update your account profile.
FeastBox will respond to a request for correction of personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Storage and Security
FeastBox store personal information collected physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal information, such as secure servers with encrypted access.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If your personal information is no longer needed, FeastBox will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to destroy and permanently de-identify the personal information.
The FeastBox Website currently does not contain any links to external websites. Please note, in the event that the Website does contain links to other external websites, FeastBox is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible for – their content, privacy practice or other policies.
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how FeastBox safeguards your privacy, or if you wish to access or amend personal information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to: Attention: Catherine Flower email@example.com
FeastBox takes complaints seriously, and upon receipt of any complaint will examine the complaint, and provide a response to the complainant within a reasonable period.
Last Updated: September/October 2018